Well I am officially no longer a Jersey Girl. Not that I ever really was but now I can pretend to be a Queens girl that still says Ya'll! Jersey was nice while it lasted, but my broker's idea of an up and coming area was not up and coming fast enough. I decided to cross the river and become a NYer! Astoria definitely has a a different vibe than where I was. It is basically an extension of the city. Lots of Restaurants, shopping and bars. I might actually have a life now.
Moving day was very stressful. It was cold, rainy and my couch didn't fit into my new apartment. By the end of the day I was stressed, out over $1000 for my move and had a couch sitting in the hallway of my building. I had a slight melt down, but realized it all would be worth it in the long run.
The move was really in efforts to save money. I want to buy something in the next few years and the cost of real estate up here is bananas! So, I have a roommate again. Help me Baby Jesus!
There are a few lucky folks that read this, that have had the pleasure of meeting my friend Andy. If you have not let me give you a inkling of what my life will now be on a daily basis. He is a 25 year old who has never lived on his own. Up until 2 weeks ago he lived with his parents. He is Chinese so his mother treats him like a God and does everything for him. I just found out he has never cleaned a bathroom in his life. He would rather spend money on going to bars and getting drunk, than on furniture. The first night at our new apartment he asked me if I would wake him up in the morning. I kindly replied "You better figure out the F*C&ing alarm clock on your cell phone!" He does have some good points though, he is considerate, washes the dishes, cooks a good steak and shuts up when I tell him too! Needless to say I have to teach him a lot about being a grown ass man on his own, but hey what is life without challenges.
Once all is settled I will post pics of the new place. It isn't as nice as my new apartment in Jersey, but it has character for sure! No freakin' electrical outlet in the bathroom....but it has character!
2 comments:
Shannon I love you blog! Good luck on your new adventure :)
No outlet in the bathroom? How do you straighten your hair? That's just nuts! I can't wait to see it!
Post a Comment