My co-worker and friend Jim, invited me up to Cape Cod for my birthday weekend. His mom owns a house up there and him and his wife were headed up for the holiday. Y'all know I don't' turn down a free trip, so of coarse I accepted. The weather was beautiful and we got lots of sight seeing and relaxing in.
The first day we went for a 20 mile bike ride. Yes 20 miles! We stopped to see the cranberry bogs. It was harvest time and everything had just been flooded.
The first day we went for a 20 mile bike ride. Yes 20 miles! We stopped to see the cranberry bogs. It was harvest time and everything had just been flooded.
We ended the day with a Champagne sunset on the bay. Don't be jealous.
The next day we went to Provence, AKA P-Town. P-Town is my kind of town. It reminded me a lot of Charleston. Artsy, great food, and full of gays!!! Lets talk about the food though! I had my heart set on getting lobster. I usually don't indulge in such extravagant meals, but when in Rome! Yes it was as fantastic as it looks!
Monday we left early to beat the traffic. Unfortunately everyone else had the same idea. Even though it took us 2 hours longer to get home, it was so worth the trip. I can cross New England off the bucket list!
No comments:
Post a Comment